Andy’s mom from Toy Story might actually be Jessie’s original owner. And now we’re all crying.
Couldn’t stop staring out the window today.#myfavoritethings #whiteout #snow #winter14 #winterwonderland (at Washington Square Park)
The more pragmatic set
1. Learn to code + build website
2. Learn to take better pictures/ be a pro at photoshop
Super storm Hercules is on the way. Shovel my way into the city or work from home? Decisions decisions….
Like most years, I completed 8 out of 10 of my 2013 resolutions. I am hopeful that 2014 will even be an even more successful year. None of these are very original, but they are still lofty goals.
1. Get healthier. Eat healthy, exercise, and drink more water. (in progress)
2. Make new friends (v. doable)
3. Sleep more (v. necessary)
4. Learning a new language (v. fun)
6. Travel more (v. inevitable)
7. Save money, but remember to also enjoy spending it on experiences.
8. See old friends more often (most def)
9. Try to call my parents at least 4 times a week (because I love them and miss them so much and I want them to know that)
10. Be “of the moment” and embrace spontaneity. Life is an adventure!
Not going out tonight.
Or any other night, for that matter.
this speaks to me
I can feel my gray hairs sprout as I say this, but I can’t believe it’s already been a year. 2013 was not without its moments, but some parts of it were total sucko. It was the year of fun-employment then unemployment, of small trips and big journeys, of quarter life crises and high risk/high reward moments.
So much has changed within these past 12 months, but everyone who matters is still the same. My friends and family are the constant in a life full of career switches, change of address forms, and adult angst.
Those same beating, warm hearts— whose unwavering friendship and support guided me through breakups and breakdowns— are still here. I suspect they will always be here. My gratitude for them is perpetual and never enough.
When I lift my glass of champagne tonight, I will be toasting you— my friends, the loves of my life, my champions.